Friday, May 28, 2010

Big Tent Poetry Prompt: What turns you on?

For this week’s poem, write about aphrodisiacs.


In The Personals Section Of The Star Tribune
Saw you at the Art Institute yesterday, noticed you right away.
I was in the exhibition gallery, checking out local artists.
I thought you were cute, wondered why you were alone.
You looked like a student, but it was your hair that got me,
long, thick and so shiny it gleamed. And you did this thing
when you turned your head, tossing it from side to side.
Saw you again at the Canary Cafe on Franklin.
I wanted to talk to you, but I was too shy. Couldn't think
of anything to say, beautiful women make me tongue-tied.
Fat chance you’ll see this, but if you do, have coffee with me.
I was the tall guy with glasses, the one trying not to stare.
Call Danny: tel: 612 381 3270.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeans and a vest - easy then! I'm sure she will see this!

Marianne said...

HA! Thought about adding crutches to his description, Derrick ...

rallentanda said...

Marianne I hope you haven't been trying to pick up young boys in art galleries.Donna Reed
would never do this. She would be at home wearing a starched white apron making a batch of scones.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll try that approach...

Tumblewords: said...

Love this - it works!

Deb said...

Terrific response to the prompt -- it doesn't read like anything other than what it says it is: delightful!

(http://stoneymoss.org)

Anonymous said...

a personals ad! what an inventive response to the prompt!

flaubert said...

I am really thinking of calling that number ha!
I love glasses! Well done Marianne
Pamela

Paul Oakley said...

Ah! infatuation strikes in the Art Institute! Lovely presentation of a certain age and insecurity...

Anonymous said...

I like your offbeat approach to the prompt.

http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

Cynthia Short said...

I like the way this is written, and the longing encassed within. Nice...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hoe she sees this, calls the poor guy.
I used to be him. different phone number, though.

Enjoyed the read.