When I first saw Rall's prompt picture, I thought of a garden ... and then I thought of a grave.
In A Garden
If
I found
myself in
a garden
would
I know how
to pick flowers?
Arlington
The
hoe bit
into the
ground,
gouged
the rich soil
for a good man.
4 comments:
The second septolet is about digging the grave. The first is a bit cryptic.Perhaps it's the dead person or perhaps it has a deeper meaning than that. I think you
are in danger of contracting septolet form addiction Marianne:) Thanks for joining in.
So far the French Film Festival has been a real fizzer. Hopefully it will get better. Very disappointed since I look forward to it so much every year.
Stark, sad, beautiful, thought-provoking.
Rall:
I admit it. I'm a septolet junky! I wish the name was more dramatic sounding; "I write septolets" doesn't very sound glamorous!
Sheila:
Many thanks for coming by and commenting!
I like the question to the first one. Arlington is a strange and wonderful place. It's the hills that save it from being depressing.
Maybe you ought to develop your own sub-form of septolet (begin and end with colons or cap only the first and third lines, something arcane) and name it beautifully.
Post a Comment