Another collection of spectacular wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
curtains * blink * gild * marvel
rendered * twist * reprehensible * cast
whir * scattered * clouds * scan
Morning Sky
Scattered storm clouds clog the horizon,
scuttle off with the arrival of dawn.
Behind her window curtain she blinks
sleep from her eyes and marvels as day
becomes reality once again. An ancient
table fan whirs steadily, fragmenting
stagnant July air rinsed clean by rain.
A white bird, wings gilded by early sun,
glides and twists like a drifting leaf.
Long ago choices haunt her, mock
her waking hours, render her hopeless.
Casting her gloomy reverie aside,
she contemplates the morning sky.
8 comments:
I just love that opening line, Marianne. Nicely done wordle poem.
Pamela
"An ancient
table fan whirs steadily, fragmenting
silent air washed clean by July rain. "
Love the imagery in this. You used the wordle words well! :-)
Lovely use of the wordle words here. Filled with vivid imagery and, I didn't want her to have to wake up! LOL
A powerful poem. The contrast between the cleanness of the world around her and the "reprehensible decision" that haunts her is well drawn. Excellent use of the wordle words.
Beautiful and seemingly easy use of the wordle words without force... I especially like the second stanza.
I want to know more! What was the reprensible (lovely word) decision? Tremendous, seamless use of the wordle words.
You've captured that kind of moment, when what we're thinking has nothing to do with what's going on around us. I, too, am intrigued by what "reprehensible decision" was made.
Richard
Marianne, A great mood poem, with the second stanza being really evocative, with something powerful in it.
Post a Comment