Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wordle 38

Hello, January!
With the arrival of the new year, I thought it was the perfect time to introduce a new look here on my blog! I have cleared away the cobwebs and organized a spiffier page!

Happy, happy new year to all!

New wordle words from Brenda and The Sunday Whirl:
thatched * hearth * fluttering * breathing
flash * gate * stones * grope
rebuild * thousands * bubbling * forgotten




Blue Jays In January

She warms chilled hands
at the hearth fire,
stares out the window
at the unexpected arrival,
thousands of fluttering birds
glittery as ice-crusted stones.
Blue Jays flash swiftly, brightly,
ready to settle in little thatched nests.
Feathers white as snowflakes drift
through the broken gate of the bruised sky.
Forgotten memories bubble to the surface.

10 comments:

brenda w said...

Gorgeous, Marianne. I like your blog's new look, and I love the description your poem imagines. The last three lines are brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Your new look is spiffy. I am casting around myself.

I had those songbirds moving through, a couple of days ago, so enjoyed seeing them here. Love 'the broken gate of the bruised sky'.

margo

Laurie Kolp said...

Beautiful poem, love the metaphor. I especially like:

Feathers white as snowflakes drift
through the broken gate of the bruised sky.

Daydreamertoo said...

Lovely! I love seeing Blue Jays, we have a lot of them here, but, I do find they tend to be a bit of a bully to other birds at times. They certainly seem pretty fearless. LOL
Lovely use of the prompt.

Sasha A. Palmer said...

Thank you for this Marianne.

Mary said...

Just beautiful, Marianne. I would never known that this poem came from 'wordle words.'

flaubert said...

Marianne, lovely poem. Beautiful imagery. I love the new look!

Pamela

Traci B said...

I like the new blog theme - very streamlined and sleek.

Your poem took me a direction I didn't expect - the association of blue jays with sadness and pain surprised me. Well done.

irene said...

The setting's all so beautiful till the unexpected twist in the end. I'd like to write like that. Your header's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awesome new look, and lovely poem. Where it turned for me was here:

Feathers white as snowflakes drift
through the broken gate of the bruised sky.


and I do love that broken gate image...