Today’s prompt asks us to write a poem of the five senses. Pick an experience that is very sensory, and of which you have a strong sense memory — like hearing a train whistle, jumping into a rain puddle, catching that first whiff of lilac on a spring day, eating ice cream at the beach. One of those might work for you, or you might have one from your own past. Then try to bring all five senses into it. What do you see, smell, feel, taste, and hear? Try to be as specific as possible, capturing that moment across all five senses.
I wrote this poem in a series of Haiku. I'm not sure that's appropriate but that's what I did!
Summer's Bounty
Clean and peppery,
favorite smell of summer,
garden-fresh promise.
Juicy, sun-warmed,
with a ripe red complexion,
ruby orbs mature.
Plumply glossy fruit
sweetly bursting with flavor,
eaten freshly picked.
Extra virgin oil,
steaming angel hair pasta
,
basil, tomato
.
Mmmmmm ... perfection!
2 comments:
Ha ha! My angel hair pasta Lean Cuisine just beeped in the microwave. :) I think it's entirely appropriate to do whatever you want with words, Marianne. These haiku are wonderful. A great appetizer to my frozen dinner.
Wading through mud suits you. I like these. :)
Angel hair pasta, yummy! This is a delight for the senses, Marianne.
Pamela
Post a Comment