New wordle words from Brenda and The Sunday Whirl:
ricochet, invisible, curvaceous, narrow,
maps, lace, dwindle, spin,
warp, past, flooded, alcoves
Moon Dreams
The moon breaks apart,
silvery shards swirl into
night's shadowy alcoves.
Warped fragments spin
down narrow alleyways,
ricochet off black rooftops,
flood empty streets.
Darkness gradually
dwindles to rosy dawn
and the sky spills
handfuls of blazing light.
Adrift in the past,
she edges her dreams
with tiny bits of lace.
12 comments:
Awww....a little touch of melancholy, very vivid imagery. 'Night slowly dwindles down to morning'
Lovely.
Had a misty, surreal feel....very well done.....
Truely beautiful! I wish I had written it!!! I'm green....
I love the way you paint the night -- emotional and melancholy.
This is so beautiful, Marianne. Only last night, I was yearning for a full round moon again. The last three lines are excellent. Love this one!
Love your vivid description of the night, but especially felt those last three lines. Good stuff, Marianne,
Elizabeth
Stunning ending!
the opening was fantastic, good strong ending as well
Mark
How you set the scene for the last bit.
Ah, a couple of my favorite topics: moon and dreams...you covered both very well; I just wanted to keep reading!
~Paula
I love the flow to this, Marianne. Nicely done.
Pamela
This piece reminds me of Peter Pan - Of Wendy dreaming to return to Neverland. Delightful.
I'm here:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/08/sw-69-acheron-9-for-both-b.html
(Wordle 68 is the prequel...more or less - just two poems down). I didn't get to read as much as I would have liked to last week.)
Post a Comment