Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wordle 73: Bucolic Splendor

New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
remote, warriors, fierce, suffering,
silence, shaken, blessing, rugged,
cows, splendor, marble, grace

Bucolic Splendor
There's something soothing
about cows grazing in a grassy field,
blue skies marbled with fat clouds,
cicadas lazily thrumming still air.
There's a languid silence,
a simple grace, respite from
the suffering of a weary world.
Fierce warrior-bees faithfully
guard the sleepy meadow,
keep trespassers at bay,
late summer blessing.

15 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

I could see all of this, how relaxing a scene that would be. You described a perfect setting to me.
Lovely :)

Margo said...

Love your painting of this scene. I felt relaxed just reading it. I particularly like this line: 'blue skies marbled with fat clouds'. Now, I think I shall read the poem again and relax with the cows.

brenda w said...

Bucolic Splendor, indeed. There is something about cows...we went barely 45 minutes on our trip from Great Falls through Minnesota without seeing them on the side of the road. :)

This write covers me with the splendor of lazy afternoons. I love the thrumming cicadas. Well done.

Laurie Kolp said...

What a lovely scene you have painted with words... the bees make for an unexpected ending.

Here's mine:

http://lkharris-kolp.blogspot.com/2012/09/overtures-and-undertones.html

Jules said...

This brought to mind a show I saw where a gent wanted to buy a farm and just make cheese for the rest of his life. I think he would be just as content as the cows. The honey is an added bonus.

Thanks for your visit and kind words on: http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/09/sunday-whirl-73-pause.html

Brenda's lists make it easy :)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful natural setting well written and portrayed,

Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/wheres-the-beef/

nan said...

Late summer blessing indeed... this was so peaceful and lovely. I really liked this line:
cicadas lazily thrumming still air

Anonymous said...

I love this relaxing picture that you painted. It's very soothing in content, and soothing to read, it flows well.

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, yes, a lovely scene!

Benjamin Thomas said...

Tres bien!

Love the style and simplicity of this!

Benjamin

irene said...

Lovely buccolic setting, Marianne. You do settings well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is wonderfully colourful and well written. I loved it.

flaubert said...

Lovely soft setting, Marianne. So pretty.

Pamela

Cathy said...

What a wonderful scene you created ans so easily able conjured that up in my mind.

Chris Lawrence said...

A gentle piece yet so feeling and warm