New wordle prompt from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl.
Use all, or some, of the words in a poem:
prison, cloak, become, lens, goods, cash,
pursuit, skirt, cruel, wild, Venus, beloved
Facebook bonus word: croak
Venus Suspended
Trapped in her wintery prison,
cloaked in snowy misery,
she longs for her beloved summer,
for meadows filled with blossoms,
the perfume of apricot air,
hot, dreamy nights in pursuit
of romance and passion.
He shakes the globe again,
cruel flakes swirl wildly,
slowly sink earthward.
9 comments:
A snowglobe idea of god. Interesting, Marianne.
Here's to the random nature of existence! The snow globe is brilliant, Marianne. It's nice to be back among the writing folk, and see that you are here, too. :)
Yes, sometimes I long for summer days....yet the winter has it's own beauty.
Yeah, he shakes the globe again ~ nice imagery.
Apricot air..yum..summer is exactly that..sweet yet brief (in the UK at least)
Now I'm dreaming of apricots. Nice twist at the end.
Hope that delightful feeling which gives us a purpose to bear all ills. Apricot season is coming up in Australia; sorry it is so tough on the rest of you.
Simply beautiful, Marianne. I seem to live in a virtual springtime. Not so sure if I like it.But, it does beat the alternative. Happy Holidays and sorry for the late visit, I am down and feeling the flu hitting me hard right now.
Pamela
Very intriguing--well done.
Post a Comment