Little dancer twirls,
grinning.
Child of the rainbow,
beaming.
Shiny bright and serenely agile,
today, she dazzles the sun, her shy smile radiant.
NOTES:
I knew I wouldn't have much time today and as I only recently discovered
this short form, I thought it might be just the ticket!
this short form, I thought it might be just the ticket!
It's called the Pi-Archimedes verse:
-a hexastich, or a poem in 6 lines.
-measured by the number of words in each line 3-1-4-1-5-9
to match the numerical sequence of the first six digits of Pi.
to match the numerical sequence of the first six digits of Pi.
-unrhymed.
Pi=3.14159...

2 comments:
Like this Marianne. Your words bring her to life, and the image sets her twirling in delight, as only a young child can do. Hope she goes right on dancing.
Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/21/dreaming-with-the-moon/
Marianne,
What a lovely poem about your granddaughter. I have copied the directions for the form, may try it before the month is out.
Love,
Pamela
Post a Comment