Tuesday, April 30, 2019

#30 In Honor Of NaPo

Thirty days, thirty poems,
so many words.
The magic of the words
pulls me along and I own the
freedom to explore anything,
to travel anywhere.
Sounds, sights, smells, all mine,
to use and work with as I please,
each completed poem a bonus.
There's enormous satisfaction
in making it to the finish line,
but I must say,
I feel like I've been writing
since the beginning of time.




NOTES:
My most heartfelt thanks to Elizabeth Crawford Katch,
Pamela Kaler Sayers and Brenda Warren,
who took the NationalPoemWritingMonth journey
with me this year. I believe it's important to write
with other poets, for the support and encouragement
only they can provide.
These ladies are all superstars and very talented writers,
and I made it to the end because of them!
❤️❤️❤️

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A poem of celebration for a job well done. And don't give us all the credit. You showed up each day, did the work, created each poem, posted each one, and encouraged each of us. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Chasing words can be exhausting, but well worth the effort.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/thirteen-ways-of-looking-at-memory/

flaubert said...

Marianne, it was a pleasure to write with you and the other ladies. Thanks for the wonderful comments that you gave me. I am most appreciative.

Love,
Pamela