Deadly new virus circulates,
becomes a world-wide pandemic,
my granddaughter self-isolates at home.
But, what happens when her kitty dies,
and she can't celebrate her seventh birthday,
her gramma can't give her a hug
and it starts snowing, again.
There's no school and no friends
to help her get over her broken heart.
It's a lot for a little girl to process.
Today is a bad day, a day for tears.
PROMPT NOTES:
I'm really struggling to write anything. Katie and the girls are all so sad. I know they need me and I can't be there. I never expected to be this emotional about it, but I start crying as soon as I hear them all sobbing on the other end of the phone. There's a lot of sadness bottled up inside all of us right now.
4 comments:
Love your easily relatable words. Yes, we are alone, and yet we are together in this. And yes, it is the hardest thing to be a Grandmother unable to soothe that distress. But, crying together can be as healing as laughing or singing. We are all learning how to be in this moment. Perhaps many of us are learning to cherish what is most important of all, our connectedness.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth! Thank you for the beautiful comment! You absolutely got where I was going with this. xox
Straight from the heart, Marianne.
Beautiful heartfelt poem, Marianne. I know you are really struggling with this self-isolation from your girls. Hugs to you, my friend.
Love,
Pammy
Post a Comment