Days are spent tucked away
in a little bird's nest of a room
high above my garden.
From my perch
surrounded by ancient oaks,
I watch life being lived
in this time of social distancing.
Solitary joggers, dog-walkers,
mothers pushing strollers, cyclists,
masked for protection
against the invisible threat.
Today hurtles into tomorrow,
life drains away,
seconds tick off the clock.
3 comments:
Actually makes me grateful for my Hermit-like existence. Who knew I'd be practicing for this moment for years? Like your choice of imagery for this one, Marianne. My own windows are shuttered because I live on the ground floor. I envy your view...
Elizabeth
Thanks, Elizabeth!
I feel fortunate to have my little bird's nest. My view is lovely all year long and will only get better now as the trees and flowers start showing their finery! xox
Beautiful imagery, Marianne. I miss my old house here in Puebla for the view. I live in a gated community now, and it's just not the same.
Love,
Pammy
Post a Comment