since the beginning.
I'm drawn to your deep blue shadows
gracefully reclining on January snow,
your purply-blue violets
sprouting in new spring grass,
the wise blue-gray eyes of my mother,
the blue serge uniform I wore at Catholic school,
skirt hiked up an inch or two to show off my legs,
fluffy, blue-petaled cornflowers in Grandma's garden,
skirt hiked up an inch or two to show off my legs,
fluffy, blue-petaled cornflowers in Grandma's garden,
my intensely dark-blue lapis pendent,
sky blue water, blue denim, gas flame blue.
I've always liked you best, blue.
sky blue water, blue denim, gas flame blue.
I've always liked you best, blue.
It's extraordinary how you fill a space
with dedicated fragments of bluest heaven.
IN THE BLUENESS
Blue, you've been my color
since the beginning.
I'm drawn to your deep blue shadows
gracefully reclining on January snow,
your faithful purply-blue violets
sprouting in new spring grass,
the wise blue-gray eyes of my mother,
the dark-blue serge uniform I wore at Catholic school,
hiked up an inch or two to show off my legs,
fluffy, blue-petaled cornflowers in the garden,
my metamorphic, deepest-blue lapis pendent,
sky blue water, blue denim, joyful blue butterflies.
I've always liked you best, blue.
It's gladdening how your hues fill vast expanses of space
with dedicated fragments of bluest heaven.
1 comment:
Beautifully expressed about the color blue. Love this, Marianne.
Love,
Pammy
Post a Comment