Sunday, April 18, 2010

Napowrimo #18: meow!

Prompt for Day 18
Write a poem featuring the cat family, whether big or small.

Written tongue in cheek. My apologies to all cat lovers everywhere.

Cats Debunked
I've never been a fan of cats,
never cared to own one,
but I'd rather friend
a one-eyed cat ... than a
two-eyed Gumpalonian.

If it's kitty-cats today, who
knows what it'll be tomorrow.
This poesy extravaganza
has gone to the dogs, it's
totally wrong, to my sorrow.

Never have I liked cats,
never cared a whit.
This playful prompt
inspired me naught
to write this bit o' #*it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*laughing all the way to the litter box*
--miranda
*me too*
--kate
ditto!
--barbara (briarcat)

Anonymous said...

Meow ha ha!

Anonymous said...

haha -- this is great!

(not a big cat fan, myself.)

1965 Footprints said...

Funny! I like cats but...some people go way overboard. Good one.

Wayne Pitchko said...

good one...cat likes it...thanks for sharing your words again

Erin Davis said...

Not a cat person either, and was stumped by this prompt for quite a while today! I like how you made the most of it.