Prompt for Day 6
Pick a favorite image or memory. Ask: Who or what in this picture can speak? What would they say? Why is this image meaningful to me? When I look at it, what am I remembering? How does this image make me feel? Write your poem as free verse.
For the Girl in the Blue Dress in the Parking Lot at Wal-Mart
I think the color was indigo
with tiny embroidered flowers,
a mane of endless yellow hair
and a cowboy hat she pulled off
with a confident flourish.
She linked arms with the skinny boy
in the tight black tee-shirt,
a cigarette dangling from his full red lips.
Hot sun pounded down,
burned the tender skin on her milky shoulders.
She kissed him hard on the mouth,
then disappeared inside the store
in a flash of gold-plated sunlight,
leaving him far behind.
6 comments:
Why am I thinking of Marilyn Monroe?
I'll take that as a compliment! MM was the original blonde bombshell!!!!
Hello Marianne,
Thanks for visiting. I've just read through your NaPoWriMo poems so far and enjoyed them: lovely blending of your song titles; the music of your rain water pipe haiku; creepy goings on in the cellar; the poignancy of inside/outside and your personal poem. Today's girl with the 'endless yellow hair' also paints a colourful picture.
Marianne,
You have painted a lovely picture here. Good one.
Pamela
oh, this is vivid.
What a lovely momentary glimpse!
Post a Comment