WORDLE WORDSfondle
crumple
proof
sapient
purse
doff
tincture
pattern
futile
capitulate
caparison
glitch
Herr Hartmann von Aue (1160 - 1210)
Then go ye, thou most gallant of knights, splendidly
mounted on thy richly caparisoned steed,
magnificent gold-trimmed eagle's head pattern
cunningly stitched on thy opulent sapphire ground.
Sapient patina, oh thou of exceptional creative acumen,
valid proof of thy legendary greatness as renowned epic poet.
Bravest of knights, thou comest wooing from the south,
thy purse heavy with coins and priceless jewels,
while fondling breezes follow, whispering of love.
Alas, there is a crucial glitch in thy carefully laid plans.
As thou most chivalrous of heroes confidently doffs thy armor
and boldly asks for her hand, thy fair maiden protests, crumples
to the floor in a swoon, tears staining her face. She loves another!
Tis sadly true, though it be a futile love for they can never marry.
Capitulation unthinkable, she vows to end her young life,
swallows a toxic tincture of iodine causing yellow-brown stains
on her lovely teeth, followed by her immediate demise.
13 comments:
A medieval tale for sure
Excellent!
Pamela
Oh, so beautifully sad! This is the stuff of a romantic novel, Marianne.
http://lindagoin.com/
The setting of the poem suits the arcaic sound to some of the wordle words.
Great post!
This definitely is medieval. It's the words wot do it! And I love "while fondling breezes follow, whispering of love" - such chivalry!
Wonderful 'old world' imagery and scenes.
Cool. I love the direction those words took you. Fits beautifully.
The Medieval language is so suitable to the prompt. Could be a fairy tale! I can see the whole scene.
The "Sapient patina" seems the heart of the poem to my read. I like that phrase so very much!
hangs together nicely,
wordles are tricky
and the image is lovely
i like the old-style, formal voice of this!
Ah, what a sad story this! Nicely done--using all 12 words was tricky, but you did well!
Death by stained yellow teeth...hmm very unusual...I think there might be a bit of leg pulling going on here!Glad that you used all the words.As far as I'm concerned a wordle is not a wordle unless all the words are used.
Those iodine stains are a great touch. Good story, and good use of the wordle (love the wordle prompts)
one small thing, if you don't mind my mentioning, in the line "As thou most chivalrous of heroes confidently doffs his armor" you switch from speaking to the knight to talking about him. I think the second person's more effective, but the information at the end might not work as direct address.
Post a Comment