
Flotsam (above photo)
In response to Prompt #1: Boxes, on the newly opened We Write Poems:
When I Moved
I moved on a Sunday
and there was
clutter and confusion,
boxes of dishes,
shoes and belts and purses,
a set of silver spoons,
copper-bottomed pans,
stacks of books,
lamps and chairs,
mason jars and light bulbs,
the jumble of my life
packed into cardboard cartons
with fold-back lids.
That night we celebrated
with beer and pizza and music.
Outside my new window
the crescent moon shone
like a curled eyelash
against the dark face of the sky.
10 comments:
Wow, now that is very pretty Marianne.
"the crescent moon shone like a curled eyelash"
I definitely can picture this..what a wonderful celebration amidst the jumble of life!
Beautiful! Can relate to the the feeling of the jumble of one's life stuck in boxes, but the reference to the "crescent moon" that shone "like a curled eyelash" outside your new window is just wonderful!
I like the crescent moon and curled eyelash too...this is gorgeous. The picture in my head was a fun memory. Thanks for evoking it!
Marianne, The end image does take away the clutter and confusion. Love your poem
nicely done Marianne....box of beer and Pizza and jitterbugging to some old swing music sure would top of the move and boxes thanks for sharing
now, that's a good feeling.
oh, lovely.
I love all the things inside the box, the crescent moon without.
You capture well that moment when you first notice a beautiful view from a new home.
That last image is absolutely beautiful -- "the crescent moon shone/like a curled eyelash/against the dark face of the sky." I like how you let the images speak for themselves without a value judgment..."clutter and confusion" and the "jumble" of boxes. Well done.
-Nicole
Post a Comment