Photographing Reggie's EyeHe'd rather be a rock star, only he can't
play guitar or sing, so this is what he does.
Photography is telling stories. He's less interested
in photography than he is in life, which is much
more interesting. He's fascinated by what creates
a story. Life is so unbelievably beautiful.
He's constantly in awe of the things around him.
It's all interesting to him, every bit of it. He even
loves the bad stuff that happens. It's an experience,
it's real, and in that it becomes invaluable.
9 comments:
Very philosophical, Marianne, very pragmatic; And very nice too!
Almost everything you said is
true.Hmmm Marianne is a psychic as
well as a poet.
Marianne
There is so much truth in this poem. Nice post.
Pamela
It's that awareness that compels him to record things.
that's a nice take on it, marianne. "he" is fortunate, though--rock stars become somewhat absurd as they age, but the man with the camera never does.
I'd rather be a rock star, too! ha! So I write, and I teach, and read good poems, like yours. Story is what grounds us. Story is THE most important thing, it's what we wind ourselves into. I love this piece, Marianne. Thank you.
Well written, Marianne. Loved the first two lines and where you took them.
This is so insightful, and in character for what many photographers say makes them tick. The mechanics are straightforward but using them to tell the story, that's the art. Well written!
Beautifully written for the photo. I love it's quiet ebb and flow.
Post a Comment