I have barely enough energy left to write my name but [cue trumpets] I did it! Thirty poems in thirty days. NaPoWriMo has been a magnificent experience. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the finish line.
My last poem for April 2011 is one of my favorite forms: a septolet. You may remember the Septolet as a poem consisting of seven lines containing fourteen words, with a break between the two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.
Prompt from Big Tent Poetry: Write about a broken window. I changed it slightly. This poem is about broken glass ... Look out, Chicken Little!
Broken Sky
When
she decided
to leave him,
shards
of rain
fell from
the glass sky.
3 comments:
Love this Marianne, you write so beautifully. I am very glad you joined us on this poem a day journey. Hope to see more of you from now on. It's a real pleasure to have met you.
Pamela
This is a gorgeous piece, Marianne. I hope we continue to see each other over the weeks and months to come! Watch for my Sunday wordles--I know it's tomorrow, but... :)
~Brenda
A Wordling Whirl of Sundays
This poem is a lovely ending to the month, Marianne. Hope to see you as we 'travel' on.
Post a Comment