Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Wordle 2

From A Wordling Whirl of Sundays comes another magnificent wordle prompt:


Retribution
I have a train ticket that will
take me far away from these
ancient brambly hillsides, the
thrumming of the flinty rain,
the lonely whispered wind.
I've a raw aching in my heart,
an impossible thirst. I dream
longingly, ardently about him;
fairy-tale visions sustain me.
Ever resilient, red-hot passion
animates my spirit. Scribbling
out a scheme, I plan my revenge.

7 comments:

brenda w said...

This is gorgeous Marianne. From start to finish you worked these words, and entwined a few intriguing phrases as your agenda unfolds...
"ancient thorny hillsides"
"thrumming of the flinty rain"

Love it!!
~Brenda

flaubert said...

Seamless, Marianne, beautifully laid out words. Nice to see you over at Brenda's wordle site, yay!

Pamela

Stan Ski said...

Is this the fury of a woman scorned...? :)

Mary said...

Ahhhh, you wrote a revenge poem too, I see. LOL. The ending took me by surprise. It all sounded so very sweet until the last line! Fine writing.

Mr. Walker said...

Marianne, I agree with Mary. I didn't pay attention to the title, and the language in the middle hints at a positive passion, so I was caught off-guard at the end. The ambiguity works well here - that fine line between love and hate. A fine take on those wordle words.

Richard

Sheila Deeth said...

Wow. This is neat. You make such an intriguing poem out of it. Very cool.

barbara said...

Whoa!
I missed the title first time around. Caught up in the passion, but the wrong passion. Totally ate the wordle, Marianne!