From A Wordling Whirl of Sundays comes another great prompt:
risk * surrender * utter * yellow
control * gathered * rearranged * waned
lull * absolute * window * beneath * angels
On Christmas Night
Colored lights wink on the tree,
strips of yellow moonlight unroll
beneath the window curtains,
surrender into pieces of shadow
that skitter across the floor.
Hours past midnight, a celestial
gathering of angels sings Alleluias
in the star spangled night sky.
Like the holy babe, she's lulled
to peaceful slumber by the utter
serenity of the moment. The life
she's been living is a dream
rearranged by fate. Always a risk
taker, she's lost control, the edges
of her existence fuzzy and blurred,
her confidence waned. Silent snow
falls, covers familiar streets with
zigzags of velvety white chenille.
All is calm, all is bright; she
sleeps in heavenly peace. The
tranquility is absolute.
5 comments:
I love the closing to this piece, Marianne. Lovely imagery through out.
Pamela
Beautiful and peace-filled imagery. Like the gentle soft tone, that hushed stillness of falling snow.
Elizabeth
Marianne, I love this piece. For some reason, it felt so good to feel Christmas today. It was a crazy week, and tonight I will sleep like a baby. Your piece echoes my week in some odd way. Thank you for "Christmas Night." I am so happy that you are continuing to wordle with us.
~Brenda
Didn't expect that ending. Very good
Marianne, I like how you structured this, with the warm associations of Christmas at the beginning, then "the edges / of her existence fuzzy and blurred" - to the peaceful ending. It was unexpected and lovely contrast.
Richard
Post a Comment