From A Wordling Whirl of Sundays comes more lovely words:
abyss * glow * purple * undulate
murmurs * spin * inky * burrows
gaudy * unafraid * common * heart
To The Purple
Purple is regal; purple is spiritual.
Purple is the route to perfection’s path,
purple leads the way to fame and fortune.
Intensified by red, diluted by inky blue,
purple glows with un-common brilliance.
Purple is a sympathetic murmur of the heart,
fragmented from compassion. Purple mourns
in an undulating abyss, is unafraid in
it's gaudiness, is bubbly as champagne.
Purple is desire surging and spinning,
purple is dark mists shielding us like
gentle sounds of stillness long after
the purple shock waves have burrowed in.
13 comments:
Marianne, love the use of purple, throughout this poem. The descriptions are perfect. Beautiful poem.
Pamela
Purple is a favourite colour of mine to use in quilting, and your poem glorifies it so well. I love the way you seized on just one of the wordle words on which to hang the other, lesser elements.
Clever! I, too, like your using one word as the focus. I shall have to remember that when future wordles come up. Thank you!
margo
Lovely poem and I love purple. Neat challenge too.
Purple is my favorite color, so I love what you did here. I especially like "is unafraid in / its gaudiness" and "glows with un-common brilliance." Thanks.
Richard
Well done. Now I know how to turn a wordle inside out.
This is really well done!
Plum good?
I like the "sympathetic murmur of the heart" line (hoping we are being figurative), and I love desire as "surging and spinning".
Poetic Bloomings is doing color as a prompt this week. Have you been there? Nice people.
I also call purple my favorite color and enjoyed this poetic description of its personality. Wonderful use of the wordle. :)
I love this ode to purple. You celebrate its various manifestations beautifully using the wordle words. This is lovely, Marianne. My husband and I ate lunch on our roadtrip yesterday at a little cafe in Helena, Montana where I worked as a young woman. The ladies hired me because I said my favorite color was lavender, well that and brown. ha!
Thank you for your faithful responses to the wordles. It's always a pleasure to read your work.
~Brenda
Very purple:) Excellent, unique, creative use of the words. U should win a Wordle trophy. I enjoyed it very much!
Simply perfect. Along with blue, purple has many meanings too
love the description of prple you've written. i love purple as well. great write
Post a Comment