Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Wordle 16

Excellent new words for this week's wordle prompt from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
crawling * swept * cement * scars
sun * tender * prophets * rusty
morning * torments * walk * notes


Junkyard Prophet

Cold black night crawls along wind-swept cement
where tender tendrils of morning sun curled hours earlier.
Landfill brims with swirling detritus and piled rubble.
Rusty gate groans open and the junkyard prophet,
irrevocable link between darkness and light, walks
a scarred tightrope across the yawning torments of hell,
wails beneath the moon. Melancholy notes linger in inky
corners of abandoned air and he goes into the shadows.

6 comments:

Susannah said...

Great imagery in this! I love. . .
"Cold black night crawls
along wind-swept cement"

Nice use of the wordle words. :-)

Daydreamertoo said...

Dark and menacing, it felt as if you were speaking of a wolf. Lovely imagery.

flaubert said...

Marianne, dark it is, but so well done with the words.

Pamela

brenda w said...

Ah, bummer. I had hopes for a happy ending. Junkyard prophet...seems like he's living at the gates of hell. Poor thing. You've captured desolation, this is sad.

Laurie Kolp said...

I love the first four lines!

Kelly said...

I love this! Such vivid imagery and use of alliteration. Reminds me a bit of a Tom Waits song.