Wordle 17
Brenda and The Sunday Whirls new wordle words:
tremor * enmesh * tuft * seditious
nether * tread * pledge * sporadic
stigma * plaster * hinder * sacred
Why Do You Cry, Lady
Miracle of seditious tears,
enmeshed in worldly madness
in the most unremarkable places.
On her pedestal in Medford, while
flowering tufts unfold all around,
the Blessed Mother weeps, stigmata
tracks stain her holy cheeks.
In Sacramento, a plaster statue
of the sacred Virgin cries rusty blood.
The Mystical Madonna of Brooklyn
sheds abundant crystalline tears.
Mankind is heading to a dark place
filled with greed, disease, murder.
Hindered by skeptics, the Lady
cries to get our attention as
the world slowly crumbles like
ancient clay. We watch and
pledge to change it all tomorrow.
There is still hope, somewhere.
9 comments:
Marianne, I hope you are right. A beautiful poem.
Pamela
"Miracles of seditious tears" - what a unique turn of phrase! Well wordled, Marianne.
Marianne, There is hope in my heart. It does get tainted, but continues to pulse through...
This is a beautiful poem, I love where the words brought you. I wondered if anyone would find the stigmata in the words.
This scares me....."the world slowly crumbles like ancient clay."
Strong writing.
Great post. These words also grabbed me: "miracles of seditious tears".
'rusty blood' - wonderful.
I hope you are right about there being hope.
Beautiful and well written!!
"There is still hope, somewhere. "
puts the mind to rest, that all is not lost!!
I would hate to see the world crumbling!!
There is still hope, somewhere.
Yes and ones these days it will come out of hiding.
Tears for fears..crying is cathartic..
Marianne, I'm not a believer in the sacred miracles surrounding icons and statues, but you have created a lovely poem from these images. Lady, why DON'T you weep, really, if Mary is looking at the world around and hearing the prayers of the impoverished and downtrodden... Bless you for this. Amy
Post a Comment