Brenda at The Sunday Whirl has added more luscious words for this week's wordle challenge:
desperation * slouch * screw * light
ash * granite * wasted * cracked
revolution * stranger * cheap * cleansed
spin
Twist Cap Seduction
Another revolution around the sun,
another wasted morning slouched
on a park bench, drunk on cheap wine.
Head spinning, shards of ashy
granite daylight crack over him.
He surrenders to dark temptation,
brown-bagged bottle of Mad Dog
pressed to his lips to dethrone demons.
Imperfect and broken, nobody's hero.
8 comments:
This works really well. Great imagery, nicely done. I liked it very much. :-)
"nobody's hero". nice touch. I found the words kinda depressing, too.
I know this guy... Every now and then I bring him a bunch of bananas, and he thanks me with a rotted smile.
In a few deft strokes you painted this guy. :)
I see this character clearly. You've painted a compelling picture. Thank you.
A sad portrait of a wasted life. Excellent use of the wordle.
A great poem.
Your words painted a vivid picture.
A great read. Thanks.
What an image you have created, Marianne. I can picture him quite clearly. Good job.
Pamela
Post a Comment