Brenda at The Sunday Whirl has gathered more excellent words for this week's wordle challenge:
residue * trunk * cloak * dust
turn * truth * fervent * sweeps
vessel * matter * breeze * skins
What Dreams Be These
What treasures lie in this earthen vessel
cloaked in dusty residue of primal clay.
Perhaps ancient relics and baubles, or
fanciful objects cast from purest copper.
But truth to tell, said vessel is just
an empty cask from whence fervent
breezes sweep red dirt, and fantasy
is overturned in a blustery battle
of molecules and matter. This, then,
is the lesson to be learned. Sometimes
dreams are nothing more than wishes
to be remembered like golden
sunshine on a rainy day.
7 comments:
Beautiful language flowing like a river.
I always love poetry that invokes the ancient.... I'm really loving the dusty residue of primal clay. Even though "lesson" comes much later in the piece it echoed back to "vessel" for me. Well constructed wordle, Marianne. :)
Dreams are indeed that, Marianne. Beautiful poem.
Pamela
I know this was about dreams, but it evoked for me the imaginings of an archaeologist unearthing ancient pottery or other items. Wonderfully done.
Well, you certainly left me and my dreams deflated at the end! LOL
Wordle 19 poem
a most magical moment described such as is on a rainy day... glad to have stopped by...
I love the ending, and "dreams are overturned" made me think of the pottery breaking, releasing the dreams, so I'm glad they came back again at the end "on a drizzly day."
Richard
Post a Comment