Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Wordle 22

More new wordle words from Brenda at the Sunday Whirl:
verve * corridor * fingertips * muse
strengthen * mirror * thrust * sheep
yearn * omen * opal * raw * thread



She Dreams
She dreams of treasure chests spilling opals,
fiery rings to adorn fingers and toes,
shimmery in the mirrored corridors of her mind,
rainbow-gemmed threads thrust into endless
configurations. Flashing jewels stir up bad luck and
evil omens. Strengthened by her muse, and the opals,
she thinks she is all-knowing, and she writes. Countless
words bleat sheep-like as mediocre poetry flows from
her mediocre fingertips. She pretends it is exceptional.

10 comments:

brenda w said...

Ah, but it is exceptional! I love that you made the opal a focal point. I love this part, "Rawly flashy, rainbow-gemmed threads thrust into bottomless yearning..."
gorgeous.

Mary said...

I agree with Brenda, it IS exceptional indeed. With your words, you are 'all powerful,' as are we all!

Deborah said...

I have to agree too! You wove the words just beautifully :o)

Susannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susannah said...

"Countless words
bleat sheep-like as uninspired poetry flows from
my violated fingertips. I pretend it is exceptional. "

I loved that! Very powerful.

You used the wordle words to good effect here.

Mr. Walker said...

I love the message of this dream. I vaguely recall my aunt saying something about opals and bad luck - and you've taken that idea and used it for bad writing that is thought to be good. Brava!

Richard

flaubert said...

No pretending, Marianne, this is marvelous. Lovely imagery.

Pamela

Traci B said...

I agree with everyone else; this is well done. I like the way you start off with a rhyme but wander into an almost stream-of-consciousness free verse later in the poem. Much like our work tends to wander if our attention wavers...

gautami tripathy said...

Awesome work!

while the instrument plays

Cathy said...

You did a beautiful job with this one.