Brenda's new wordle words:
fulcrum * spinning * rustle * sunshine
smug * subliminal * gullible * ruddy
rush * mellow * untidy * shudder
Where Nothing Ever Happens
Untidy jumbles of dry brown leaves
rustle and spin in mellow sunshine,
skitter across the sidewalk
like smug little mice.
Their message subliminal,
I'm caught in the same groove
of repetition till I can
recite it in my sleep
like a machine programmed
on an assembly line.
I am trapped in a ruddy boring rut
and there is nothing to rescue me.
Uneventful and monotonous; fulcrum
of my banal existence. Shudders
of loathing rip through the heart of me.
Somewhere a fascinating world awaits.
8 comments:
You absolutely capture the spirit of monotony---a malaise covers your piece. Excellent and unique use of the words. I love it!
Sigh...I think I know how you feel! But you penned it so beautifully that it might be worth finding a rut to get stuck in!!! Blessings and smiles to you.
Thank-you for visiting my blog and for your ever-encouraging words!
Marianne, while this is sad, it is absolutely beautiful. You did a fantastic job with some very difficult words.
Pamela
btw, I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely.
Beautifully done, you have really captured the feeling of being stuck in a rut. I loved the line - "like smug little mice." :-)
You have actually built the doldrums in a poem. Fantastic.
Great use of words. I can feel the utter aversion to monotony. You write really well.
my children feel that way about living in a small town (pop 600)
nicely done
Quite vivid depiction of being caught in the same ol' boring rut. Really liked the line "fulcrum of my banal existence." Nicely done!
Post a Comment