Monday, November 21, 2011

Wordle 31

Brenda's new wordle words:
fires * smolder * drowned * ice
fleeting * planet * spark * mindless
trapped * sky * diamond * oblivious *
silence

Ice and Fire
November skies ice
with diamond star-fires,
spark and smolder
in mindless oblivion.
Trapped planets spin,
drown in ancient silence.
All the world is a dream,
fleeting and ephemeral.

7 comments:

brenda w said...

I'm impressed with the skyward nature of the pieces this week. It is a joy to read each one. The world is a dream, the older I get the fleeter it flies. Then what? Will I awaken on some new and distant shore...or simply think, no more.

You got me going somewhere, with this one, Marianne. :) Thank you, it's always a pleasrue when a poem evokes further thought and questioning.

Janet Martin said...

Beautiful! Esp. love the last two lines!

irene said...

Succinctly put and oh so true, Marianne.

flaubert said...

Quite beautiful, Marianne. I also love the last two lines.

Pamela

gautami tripathy said...

Loved the last lines!

oblivion

Susannah said...

That is lovely! Really like what you did with the words,

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

I adore this,

:)