Monday, November 14, 2011

Wordle 30

Brenda's new wordle words:
bees * balance * cleaning * coral
finger * safety * motionless * eloquent
point * rapidly * strength * swivel


Sweet Honey Life
In the warm coral of late afternoon,
drowsily motionless in her lawn chair
she considers the bees coming and going,
eloquent in their fragile strength,
gauzy wings reflecting pink-orange sky.
She swivels to secure a better vantage point,
squints as bees float from flower to flower
collecting sweet nectar to make honey.
There is serenity in her garden; everything
in perfect balance, and she is content.

10 comments:

Susannah said...

Ah, just reading this gave me a feeling of peace and serenity. I loved it. :-)

...especially the beautifully descriptive line "In the warm coral of late afternoon."

Thank you for this.

Anonymous said...

Marianne,love your use of these wordle words. I saw that coral sky yesterday at sunset. Great blog too!

Laurie Kolp said...

What a lovely place to be!

Anonymous said...

absolutely lovely - I feel like I'm there.

irene said...

So lovely. A world of bees. Small quiet poem of beauty.

Janet Martin said...

Oh, I want to be in that garden...it felt like late August of September. So lovely. Thank-you also, for visiting and for your kind words.

Nanka said...

Lovely!! Life couldn't get better!!

flaubert said...

Oh, how very pretty and serene, Marianne. The opening is just gorgeous.

Pamela

Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil said...

Marianne, thanks for stopping by my blog... from the first line, "the warm coral afternoon," I was hooked. Late summer into early autumn is my favorite time as well. So glad I found what YOU did with the wordle! Peace, Amy
http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/life-is-good-when/

brenda w said...

Marianne, I love your sweet honey life. That contentment seems far away for me right now, though it's visited me at other times. Summer, sweet summer...spin your wheels my way. LoL The lament of the classroom teacher!