Brenda's new wordle:
reignite * emit * air * piercing
shell* delirium * swish * dappled
pleat * seem * pitch * strident
Summer Anthem
Cicadas drone in the heavy heat of day,
strident songs pierce August air
clogged with the scent of fresh mowed
grass; muddled delirium hovers.
Yellow-green wings swish through
dappled pleats of reignited sunshine,
scatter sunbeams like shelled peas on
a kitchen floor. Everything casts a shadow.
10 comments:
Hi Mariaane. This poem almost makes me a little sad. I visualize shelling peas as being in a big bowl and the pods, now used up and worthless, scattered on the floor.
Lovely use of the senses here.
Marianne, very effective wordle! I can HEAR the cicadas as I read, and yes....so true that everything casts a shadow.
Lovely and it is that time of the year back again when long shadows are cast!! I see a certain melancholy linked to the imminent arrival of harsh weather in the last line.
Marianne, this is nice. I really liked the sunbeams like shelled peas on the floor...
Loved this. "dappled pleats of re-ignited sunshine" is wonderful. The last line is weighty and perfect.
Everything casts a shadow.
Marianne, this is just gorgeous, beautiful imagery.
Pamela
I love the visual images in this! Excellent. Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting as well!
That is SO beautiful. I absolutely love what you did with the wordle words. Really excellent work. :-)
You have built some striking metaphors here. Really, beautifully done.
Post a Comment