Brenda's delectable new wordle words:
rapid * glass * spacious * pulsations
weightless * elements * tumbling * grip
enigma * spasm * rare * released
Fourth of Winter
Slab gray afternoon light
imparts metallic elements
to glass enigma, past
disconnected from future.
Lowering storm clouds
release their grip
on stockpiled snow.
Weightless flakes tumble,
rapidly pulsate through time
in a nebulous spasm of silence.
7 comments:
Excellent wordling, Marianne! So compact and spare, yet using all the words in a way that makes sense and brings a winter scene to life. Well done.
Wintery and beautifully concise, Marianne.
Pamela
I loved "Slab gray afternoon" and the repeat of "Grip - release - snow." Nicely done! :-)
Lovely imagery.
We're expecting snow all too soon (for me) I have to shovel it :)
Love the snow as long as I'm inside and warm, able to watch it in comfort. You create a very detailed image with seemingly little effort. Brava!
Elizabeth
Marianne, I love this piece.... the idea of the past disconnected from the future will have me considering it all day. Beautiful piece. We have some snow, and I love it...snow is one of my favorite things, as long as I can find a place to get dry and warm. :)
A fine poem.
Post a Comment