Friday, December 23, 2011

Wordle 36

A perfect Christmas wordle from The Sunday Whirl and Magical Mystical Teacher, who found the words in the biblical Christmas story in Luke 2.

heart * decree * afraid * heard
manger * shepherds * tidings * pondered
joy * angel * peace * haste


The First Christmas
On the most holy of days
the Lord in Heaven decreed
His son to earth would come.
Shepherds kept watch in fields
and caroling angels filled
the sky with joyful tidings.

And it was in a lowly stable
the babe that night was born,
laid within a manger
the savior of mankind.
And all who heard welcomed Him
with peace and love in their hearts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and greetings of the season to all my fellow wordlers!!!!

5 comments:

flaubert said...

Marianne, as the story goes... you managed to make a very concise piece with these words. Nice. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I am wishing you a joyous new year.

Pamela

Susannah said...

Very nicely done. :-0

brenda w said...

You've captured the entire story with beauty and grace. Brava, Marianne!

Traci B said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Marianne! Beautiful job wordling the Gospel message. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Marianne...I couldn't avoid using the words apart from the familiar story from which they came. However, I wrote of a time at least a couple months prior: http://whenwordsescape.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/before-the-manger/

I'll agree with the others -- you told the story in such a concise way, without losing any of the beauty and GRACE found therein.

~Paula