3WW: naughty, tactic, zenith
One Lump Or Two
Feeling rather naughty,
I decline her invitation to tea
for no other reason than
I have never cared for her tricks
and condescending tactics.
I imagine platters of tiny sandwiches,
scones with jam and clotted cream,
cakes and short breads and sweets,
the zenith of gourmand gluttony,
feel a pang of impulsive regret,
quite sure Georgina will reveal what
I missed when she rings me tomorrow.
5 comments:
Marianne- So good to see you at 3WW. I always love where given words take me.
"the zenith of gourmand gluttony,
feel a pang of impulsive regret"...
Sounds like there were more reasons than sweets not to go.
Nice work.
I would love to here that conversation tomorrow.
Will she offer leftovers?
Great use of three words. Please read my attempt.
almost sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. the goodies sound great makes me wonder what she did?
Post a Comment