The Sunday Whirl's new wordle words,
courtesy of Barbara Yates Young:
vain * dotted * dormant * reel
kneeling * surface * still * spectacle
depth * resolution * contemplate * broad * crisp
It Was April,
one of those fearlessly
vain early spring days,
swaggering sun hot,
wind fresh and crisp,
proud white sailboats dotting
deep turquoise water
beneath broad, puffed up clouds.
Vernal passion, the kind that
stirs even old men, was still
dormant, waiting to be awakened.
She contemplated the spectacle
before her, a seed about
to sprout in the lush new season.
13 comments:
I can't wait for days like this... you've painted a peaceful image in my mind. I really like swaggering sun and vernal passion.
Beautiful image!
enjoyed, great imagery
I can't wait for April. Our spring doesn't seem to arrive until late then, either. Our winters are too long but, it makes the coming of spring that much sweeter in appreciation of it when it finally arrives. Lovely use of the prompt words.
It's snowing outside right now so your poem came just in time.
Your poem made me yearn for those "sweetly vain early spring days" which seem SO far away yet. Well wordled.
I imagine you are awaiting spring, Marianne. Beautiful poem.
Pamela
That is lovely! I loved the "swaggering sun". Wonderful use of the wordle words. :-)
Marianne, this is amazing. I love the last three lines. I awoke to 0 degrees this morning.
I feel the fool, but only just now read your sidebar "Sidewalk Art." Congratulations on having a poem selected. Do you walk by it now and then, just because? I think I would. Stories about things like "sidewalk art" in St. Paul make me feel pride for humanity.
Okay, the wordle poem is fun, but let's talk about the sidewalk poetry. That is so very cool and you must feel absolutely chuffed. Congratulations.
margo
oh, beautiful! - I just love the way you painted April here.
beautifully done. perfect for a day that was damp and cold and very grey!
We tend to jump straight from summer to winter and back again (sometimes within 24 hours) where I live, but I remember spring in New England, and your poem evokes it for me. Beautifully done.
Congratulations on your sidewalk poetry too; I just read the sidebar and applaud your accomplishment. :)
Post a Comment