New wordle words from Brenda and The Sunday Whirl:
staccato, dart, billows, ruins,
metallic, exile, fuses, petulant,
dubious, rebellion, latch, scar
The Power of Rain
Jagged darts of lightening
split the sky, fresh scars
on the ruined face of heaven.
Staccato raindrops pummel,
sluice through the downspouts
in metallic exile.
She slips from beneath warm blankets,
pads barefoot to the night-black window,
sees nothing but her own rebellious reflection.
Dubious questions drench
the air, tulle fog billows,
fusing darkness to daylight.
Listening to the rain, she travels
slowly backward in time, journeys
with her memories to long-forgotten places.
13 comments:
I love this, Marianne... great sound effects!
Lightning and thunder and hard rain were here all day yesterday.
It's amazing how disturbing the weather can be to our equilibrium.
"tulle fog" is brilliant, I wish I'd thought of it myself. :) and then you add "fusing darkness to daylight." This is gorgeous writing, Marianne. You've uncovered the richness of rain.
Lovely.
Listening to rain is one of my favourite things to do.
Great use of the words.
Marianne, each stanza is a beauty. Lovely write, I could see the rain.
Pamela
I like that "metallic exile" for the downspout.
Love the metallic exile in the downspouts and the scars left by the lighting.
You managed to impeccably wordle. I enjoyed the sound effects, as did Laurie. As I am SO late today, I am sending you my link.
http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2012/02/wordle-42.html
A great setting piece for carrying the mood. I've always admired setting/mood poems.
Dubious questions drench
the air, tulle fog billows,
fusing darkness to daylight.
simply prefect, excellent poem
So far, my favorite use of this week's wordle words! I wanted to pick a favorite line, but I'd just repost your whole poem in my comment! :) But...I'll say that you had me from that very first stanza!
~Paula
"tulle fog billows,
fusing darkness to daylight."
- beautiful!
I love what you did with the wordle words. :-)
Marianne, I love all the images. And how well you capture the power of the sound of rain, how it can pull you back, summoning up memories.
Richard
Post a Comment