New wordle words from Brenda and The Sunday Whirl:
craft, joy, supple, alchemist,
gauge, juices, tender, acid,
oil, acumen, sprinkled, sweep
Taming The Wrinkle Dragon
or Just Another Fairy Tale
or The Alchemist's Miracle Potion No. 5
The air is acid yellow,
thick and sulfury.
Electric charges flash and sizzle.
The wizard, master of his craft,
tenderly prepares a special potion;
oil of turpentine, zinc and copper,
sprinkling of powdered newt,
drop of toxic juice extracted
from deadly nightshade.
He gauges each amount precisely;
too much, and the recipient
will be horribly disfigured.
With a sweeping bow,
he presents the vial of precious
elixir to the old woman.
She smears it over once supple skin,
her cavernous wrinkles disappear,
and she is luminous with joy.
7 comments:
Very nice and a lot of fun!
A magical read! Would that such a potion existed!
Whirling Haiku
Sign me up! I'm ready to tame my wrinkle dragon. LOL I loved this, Marianne, and found myself wishing or that luminous joy at the end. :)
Isn't that what they try and sell at all the cosmetic counters in the high end mall shops? Or else on those infomerchials which grantee your money back except for the shipping and handling? Fun read - your alchemist is indeed skilled!
I am with Brenda, sign me up, Marianne. I love this.
Pamela
Wow Marianne, talk about miracle potion. The ending is so uplifting!
A joy-filled read. thank you!
Post a Comment