Saturday, April 14, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 14: Cinquain, Springtime

The prompt for today is to write a ghazal. I would be totally out of my comfort zone if I tried to write one in a day. Instead, I have decided to write a cinquain, inspired by Pamela at wordsandthoughtspjs, who wrote a cinquain earlier this week.

A cinquain is a short, usually unrhymed poem consisting of twenty-two syllables distributed as 2, 4, 6, 8, 2, in five lines.



Springtime
Breezy
cloud tumbling day,
scent of honeysuckle,
mock orange at the kitchen window,
April.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I just love 'cloud tumbling day.' Yes, this is indeed April!

flaubert said...

Gosh, that is so pretty, Marianne. I am glad I inspired you to write this. You did a lovely job! Right now I am searching for my inspiration to continue through the month, ugh!

Pamela

brenda w said...

Excellent cinquain. I'd kill for student writing this strong. They wrote cinquains last week. Although I did get some good ones, yours is my favorite.