Sunday, April 15, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 15 and Wordle 52: Degrees of Red

New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
sweet, richer, dramatic, forceful,
tricks, flames, energy, push,
glance, exchange, breath, flexible,
blend.
Plus a NaPoWriMo prompt from a list of 16 prompts at:
Watermark, A Poet's Notebook
Why red?

Degrees of Red
Blood, ruby, fire, rose.
Sweet breath bubbles,
fresh wound gapes,
bright crimson
bleeds out,
pure as flame.

Rubies glitter
in golden bangles,
red as pigeon's blood
blended with blue.

Sunset's forceful blaze,
moon's cold gleam,
energy exchanged.
Flames lick
at blood-red sky,
roses drop red petals.

11 comments:

brenda w said...

You outdid yourself, Marianne! I love this piece, it drips rubies all the way through from start to finish. Every word counts, and I completely forgot it was wordle inspired. Even now, going back it's hard to pick out the words.

Lush painted poem, Why red? So we could read this, that's why. :)

Thanks for the link to the prompt. There might be something there when things start to dry up again this week.

Marianne said...

And what a gorgeous comment, Brenda! It reads like a poem!

margo said...

Red fascinates me as a colour for poetry, so that added to my enjoyment of your poem. I love the way you threaded the different reds, but with the occasional repetition, to great effect. The poem unfolded beautifully.

nan said...

This is simply gorgeous. The descriptions are vivid. My favorite stanza is the last. Powerful finish!

Mary said...

You definitely made red sing in this poem. I love all the images you included!

daphnepurpus said...

Wonderful! Last stanza is my favorite. Images are vibrant!

Paula Wanken said...

Using "blood/bleeding" throughout really brought this piece life. Well done.

Daydreamertoo said...

Lovely imagery. Red is such a passionate colour in so many ways. Rubies are beautiful and a red rose my fav flower :)

teri said...

You carry us through the degrees of red perfectly. All the while having us forget, you have tucked the worlde words into your poem.

irene said...

You've differentiated all the reds, Marianne, in a glittering way. That I've yet to accomplish.

flaubert said...

I am all for the colour red, Marianne. Nicely done.

Pamela