Wednesday, April 4, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 4: Ever After

For Day 4 of NaPoWriMo, the challenge is to write an epithalamium, a poem celebrating a wedding. I wrote a wedding poem using one of my favorite forms, a septolet: 7 lines, 2 related stanzas, 14 words.


Ever After
Stardust
outlining
their footsteps,

the journey
into the future
begins on
their wedding day.

2 comments:

brenda w said...

Nicely penned, Marianne,I can see this in a wedding card if their was changed to your. The sentiment is beutiful. This prompt sent me searching for a form, as well. :)

I'm a bit nervous about the prompt for day 5.... ah well, it's a commitment, we need to get there, right? (I shudder to consider the day they have us do a sestina...I might work one up early just in case...)

flaubert said...

Marianne, you are much more optimistic than I. I love how you use this form. Lovely.

Pamela