Today’s prompt is another musical one. Try writing a blues. The traditional blues song is the 12-bar blues, in which all the lyrics basically boil down to any number of three line stanzas in which two lines are more or less repeated, followed by a third line. My Blues poem is my own personal version of the form, slightly off, just like me! In case you were wondering, I can also sing it! But lucky for you, I don't know how to record my voice!
Lazy Boy
Lazy boy, don't lie to your mother.
Lazy man, don't lie to your wife.
Lazy daddy, don't lie to your children.
You been lyin' all of your life.
Got no job, you got no money.
Got no friends, got nothin' but strife.
You got sorrow and you got heartache,
You got nothin' to show for your life.
Lonely boy, ain't got no mother.
Lonely man, you lost your wife.
Lonely daddy, where are your children?
You be lonely the rest of your life ...
2 comments:
I'd love to hear you sing it Marianne. You rocked the prompt! We reap what we sow, so sow good things(just wanted to get those three sows in a row). :)
Love this Marianne. I couldn't get into the rhythm of this prompt.
Pamela
Post a Comment