Monday, April 9, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 9: Walking To The Video Store

The prompt for today: go outside. Take a walk. (or, maybe just remember your last good walk). Take along a notebook if you can. Take notes. And then sit down in a park or in your yard or on the corner, and write.


Walking To The Video Store
Through A Dusting Of Late Spring Snow
On April Fool's Day

Snowflakes hushed as whispers
float through the gray spring skies
like torn bits of old love letters.

She puts her hand out
to catch them,
comes away with nothing.

Slips awkwardly
on a puddle
transformed to black ice.

Turns to hear his words,
soft as snow on her face.
He says, if you fall,

I'll always be there to catch you.

2 comments:

brenda w said...

This is a good one, Marianne. I can perfectly imagine the walk, and the near fall. It's beautiful, especially so with the ending.

I skipped ahead to the persona prompt today. My muse is fickle right now, and that worries me as it's only day 9. lol

flaubert said...

Aww, sweet. Marianne, what a lovely thought at the end.

Pamela