Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wordle 51 & NaPoWriMo Day 8: Born To Lose

Happy Sunday and happy Easter to all who celebrate! I have eleven coming for brunch and an egg hunt in a few hours. I will be back to comment tonight.

New words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
marrow, staggering, destiny, story,
blood, mate, broken, addiction,
buried, songs, dusk, sorrows


Born To Lose
Screwing up every little thing
he ever tries to do,
his family gone,
job gone, friends gone, too,
there's nothing left.
Buried in dusky sorrow,
bloodied and broken
and hopeless to his marrow,
he staggers to his destiny,
addiction and failure
the end story of his life.

9 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

Anyone who beats an addiction has done wonders.
This man obviously hasn't. Very sad.

brenda w said...

Sad piece, Mrianne. That's where the words pulled me, too. Enjoy your egg hunt! I miss the little ones.

b said...

you took the list and ran with it.

nan said...

Well done. I like how concisely you say so much. You used the words well.

Pseu said...

So sad

flaubert said...

Marianne, I love the conciseness of this. Yes, it is sad, but as I am going along reading the wordles poems today, I see it is a general theme. It is that word "addiction", it'll get you every time.

Have a happy Easter, and how wonderful to have an egg hunt. What fun!

Pamela

daphnepurpus said...

Very sad indeed and well-crafted!

Mary said...

So many don't...addiction brings so much tragedy!

Jules said...

I would like to think there are some good 'addictions.' Eisenstein being addicted to numbers for instance. Edison being addicted to finding the right filament for the electric light bulb. Moderation is the key to a well rounded enjoyable life - I think.
Thank you for your wordle.