New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
blend, latch, chest, current,
draft, string, crack, spare,
temper, refrain, racket, trace, strike
Summer Storm
Jagged strings of lightning
trace across storm dark skies,
barbed strikes flash like
shorted-out Christmas lights.
A tree cracks in a yard nearby,
harsh, contorted screech;
cold, wet draft blows in an open window,
soaks curtains in the spare bedroom.
The racket is fierce, majestic,
wind and thunder blend
in a dissonant cacophony tempered
by the delicate refrain of raindrops
drip, dripping - as the fury fades away.
10 comments:
Ah those perfect summer storms. You lit this wordle up perfectly and captured it all. I love that last line.
You brought this summer storm to life. We had one of these last night. You seem to have experienced the same one! (At least there were no tornado watches!)
Vivid thunderstorm described, Marianne!
Oh, I love to watch, and hear a good thunderstorm, as long as it's in the distance and not right overhead and dangerous to anyone.
The loudest storms I ever heard were in New Orleans. The thunder so low, so long actually made the concrete floors vibrate. That showed me their power and energy. Amazing.
This describes one well.
I love the storm you've created....a beautiful storm of words and emotion
It is that time of year. I think our storms head to you when they've finished letting us know who's boss. I love a good storm, and you capture one beautifully.
Language wise--I love the contorted screech....and the word majestic to describe racket. Your precision with words screams in this piece, Marianne. I also really like "dissonant cacophony tempered." You've outdone yourself. Brava!
You wordled quite a storm. I love storms and your imagery brings this one vividly into my memories.
excellent wordled storm. very vivd in the mind as you read.
Marianne, you have described the thunderstorm beautifully here. We also received a long awaited rain on Friday evening, which continued through yesterday, what a joy!
Pamela
You have reminded me I've left a porch window open...and there is a storm a brewing...Lovely verse.
My story continues here:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-61-making-connections.html
Post a Comment