Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wordle 62: Midnight Montage

New wordle words from The Sunday Whirl:
jasmine, demons, window, scrap,
ample, montage, flawed, granite,
trapped, whistle, domain, sunset


Midnight Montage
Long after sunset, Stygian
darkness shrouds the night,
howling demons dance
in tangled gardens,
snarled jasmine vines creep up
the trellis outside her window,
scraps of flawed moonlight
tarnish dew-drenched grass.
Trapped in the turret of her granite
domain, alone and vulnerable,
she awaits the arrival of dawn.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Nicely ominous!

Daydreamertoo said...

Ooooo.... I hope she stayed safe. Those demons get everywhere ;)

Laurie Kolp said...

I just love this, especially:

snarled jasmine vines creep up
the trellis outside her window,
scraps of flawed moonlight
tarnish dew-drenched grass

brenda w said...

Rapunzel creeps up in me as I read this.... Your imagery is rich. I love the same part Laurie does. Brava, Marianne!

Elizabeth said...

That's thirds on the snarled jasmine vines and what follows. Also agree on the Rapunzel comment. Good flow to your story.

Elizabeth

joanne said...

the 'stygian dark of night' gave me shivers.....a bit scary, and so well-written.....one of the best yet

flaubert said...

Marianne, I love same part as the others.
"snarled jasmine vines creep up
the trellis outside her window,
scraps of flawed moonlight
tarnish dew-drenched grass"

That is quite good imagery!

Pamela

Mary said...

You used the wordle words so effectively to help the reader picture the scene. She definitely does not have a happy life, and I hope when dawn comes it brings her release and happiness.

Hannah said...

"Trapped in her granite domain,
alone and vulnerable,
she awaits the arrival of dawn"

I love the solitude in this...

irene said...

I am noticing your penchant for mood pieces, Marianne.

When Words Escape said...

Oh! Those last three lines! So good!

~Paula

Anonymous said...

Very visual and strongly tied together. :)

Willow said...

I hope dawn brings safety, peace, release from the scary night of everything creepy. Well done.

Jules said...

A story waiting for a background and an ending...plus some inbetweening! I had to look up stygian! I really enjoy learning from my Wordler friends. So glad you enjoyed 'Crust' that was my second offering...If you have time you might also enjoy:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sw-62-rm-mm-3-just-peachy.html