New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
erotic, melancholy, rosy, gold,
swing, powders, pale, cover,
spray, grasses, fling, stray
Daybreak
Sleepy dawn arrives,
sky pale as face powder.
In the meadow,
tall grasses sway,
melancholy with
early morning dew.
Rosy sunbeams spray
across the lacy horizon.
Faintly erotic southern
breezes ripple over
autumn's golden fields.
Timid and thin, gray
ears perked, stray cat
heads to the back door
to find a waiting
saucer of milk.
15 comments:
This has such a gorgeous visual quality that is also quietly evocative of the mood of the setting. Like that cat at the end, so effective. Nice, Marianne.
This is just lovely, Marianne. I was expecting a lot more mildly porno poems, given the word selection, but you have managed them delightfully, with a real feel-good factor.
Oh, I love all of this, I was going to pick out:
Faintly erotic southern
breezes ripple
October's golden fields. this until I read the last stanza about the little cat.
It's all so lovely, rich, and yes, very evocative of feeling, blessed (I think)
A really lovely read.
Loved this picture!
We had a stray cat in our garage yesterday, poor thing. He was so scared and my dogs were going crazy.
A consistent rhythm carried me down the page, Marianne. I love the bit about the cat at the end. Thanks for that. Love it!
The addition of the cat is brilliant. You painted a very vivid picture with lines that flow really well.
Beautiful response to the wordle words, smooth flowing, and so very imagistic. Such a wonderful feeling, one has to sigh with satisfaction at the cat and the conclusion.
Elizabeth
Marianne-this is superb!I love how you found the dawn in yours...while mine was about dusk. Could have been the same field.Thanks for taking time to send me your comment!
Marianne, this is one of prettiest poems I have read so far.
Pamela
The sky pale as face powder is very good. Nice use of wordle words.
"Rosy sunbeams spray
across the lacy horizon" loving the image of a red skied horizon. Imagery explodes here Marianne!
Love the ending, you had the poem point in one and turn into something else
Oh, I would love to be a part of this day!
lovely - a sleep, southern day
quite soothing.
Post a Comment