Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wordle 82: In The Land Of Never

New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
phantom, brook, rocky, hollow, 
leaping, dry, although, new, 
walls, never, birds, wood


In The Land Of Never
Beyond the moon's
yellow-eyed glare,
phantom shadows smolder.
New stars burn
in the rocky sky,
black whirlpools simmer.
Rainbow fish leap through
the vortex of a bone-dry brook,
spangled birds fly upside down.
Time is hollow,
half of life a dream,
the other half 
a nightmare she can't escape.

8 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

Oh, I hate that feeling, when you think you are awake and yet, you know you're still inside the dream and you try and try to wake up but, you can't. I used to have these type dreams so frequently, not so much anymore, thankfully. Awful. This one sounds a bit like that.
Really good imagery... great wordling

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Your poem may give rise to a new expression: "caught between a dream and a nightmare."

Seven Haiku with Simon

Anonymous said...

I love the words in your poem even more than the poem because they are such wonderfully strong words, giving rise to clear images and adding up to a vivid poem.

brenda w said...

Oh my, Marianne, this strikes a dark landscape. From stars to self inside out. This pulls at my soul's strings.

Elizabeth said...

So very vivid. I've struggled with nightmares all of my life and only found respite when I faced off with them and dug out their meaning. Love the constant surprise in your imagery, you do the darker side well (that's a compliment).

Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/staring-into-the-future/

flaubert said...

Marianne, this is beautiful. I love this part,

"spangled birds fly upside down.
Time is hollow,
half of life a dream,
the other half
a nightmare she can't escape."

While it seems sad, it is an image that stays with the reader.

Pamela

De Jackson said...

This is such a powerful piece.

de
whimsygizmo.wordpress.com

Jules said...

Thanks for your visit.

When nightmares become reality - that is when things get really scary. I can only imagine those folks still left swirling in what was left from the Frankenstom of Sandy the Hurricane.

I like the line:
'New stars burn in the rocky sky,'