New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
against, creek, ice, deliver,
pop, point, tangent, flame,
stars, knead, brood, strewn
All Through The Long Winter
Pointy snowflakes
drift past cold stars.
The ice on Battle Creek,
zigzags with tiny cracks,
pops and booms.
Blankets of snow pile
snugly against the house,
lacy frost covers
the windows.
Brooding,
the old woman
peers inside herself,
kindles her flame,
tends her fire,
endures.
12 comments:
Endures... powerful. We must endure (I'm not a fan of winter).
Happy New Year!
http://lkkolp.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/hot-cross-buns/
Endure it is! For me through winter. Though I enjoy my four seasons, Autumn is my favorite.
My non-story verse is here:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-whirl-89-oddments-non-story.html
A story addition is in Mr. Linky at The Whirl if you are interested.
Happy New Year!
Oh my! I like this very much!
I see myself in your piece.
Really like that she endures. Your depiction of winter is finely tuned and clearly visible, which makes her endurance even more powerful. Lovely piece of writing,
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/wordle-tragedy/
could be any one of us (male or female) at times!
Great post!
The durability of a good woman! Quite right. :)
It is a wonderful image-filled painting of physical winter and a person's emotional winter, too. I very much enjoyed this.
Enduring. I so know that feeling. Really enjoyed your poem.
love it. great imagery and storyline.
It seems there's more than snow and cold she's enduring...well done.
This is beautiful, Marianne. I'm back writing again, and I miss you. I'm glad I stopped for a visit. Happy New Year, my friend.
Post a Comment