My muse finally returned this week, after a very long absence. I hope she plans on staying for a while. I have missed writing, and I have missed my friends at The Whirl!
New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
disguised, forgotten, country, hurry,
tree, wound, mind, sand,
stirred, jar, across, yesterday
Just A Sad Country Song
Five o'clock in the morning,
a lone little bird settles
in the old magnolia tree,
warbles an endless sad song
about heartache and loss
about heartache and loss
across the leaf-etched garden.
Helpless in the forgotten
sands of circumstance,
painful memories of yesterday
hide in a jar disguised as hope,
hide in a jar disguised as hope,
hurry through my mind,
stir up hurting wounds.
I have discovered
the world doesn't stop
the world doesn't stop
for my broken heart.
14 comments:
No, the world doesn't stop for broken hearts, but the mockingbird still sings...
A Dozen Whirls
Very nice. A poem where the wordle words do not shout themselves. While sad, it's a lovely little piece.
It doesn't stop for mine, or anyone else's either...
Your lovely poem reminds me to pay attention again to my backyard. I used to write (almost daily) about what was happening there. I miss those moments of observation.
Sometimes the muse needs to be coaxed a bit. Sabra's suggestion is a very good one. Get on the page every day and make one simple observation. They do accumulate and then begin to trickle into a flow. That said, this is a wonderfully delicate and beautiful piece of writing,
Elizabeth
What Margo said. I was lost (as in absorbed) in your piece. Welcome back Marianne.
Enjoyed your poem - glad you got your muse back!
We all know that sad song. Thank goodness for the birds and magnolia trees.
Great to see you again.
Broken hearts and regret are real impediments to moving forward. It is clearly for the birds to sing for you as they do this best.
Welcome back, Marianne! "hide in a jar disguised as hope..." I love it. You are right...everything keeps keeping on, regardless of our wounds.
I haven't signed on to a NaPo commitment yet, but I will. Another year...we can do it!
this is really quite wonderful
it flows beautifully
the wordle words are transparent
there has never been a country song
as good as your poem
Cheers!
JzB
A poignant piece, Marianne. Yes, life continues no matter what.
I was delighted to see you at my blog, you have been missed. Tell me are you doing napo this year? Barb has a site where she is putting up prompts for us. Here's the link:
http://imprompt.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/week-minus-one-2/
Pamela
So true, especially if it's for lost of a parent. You grieve and the world carry's on.
Such a true and lovely poem. Glad your muse has returned.
Post a Comment