peak, powders, lost, calls, locks, pit
moon, staff, stone, after, written, petals
Sometimes I Still Think Of You
Last night I wrote you
a love letter while
stars hung silver
in the deep purple sky,
owls called out to the day
and petals of sad moonlight,
pale as face powder,
owls called out to the day
and petals of sad moonlight,
pale as face powder,
glinted on far away
rooftops.
My words flowed
smooth and fast,
tumbling one
after another,
until I couldn't write
anymore.
Finished, I tore
the pages into tiny scraps,
threw them into the wind,
padlocked the iron gate
on my stone-cold heart.
rooftops.
My words flowed
smooth and fast,
tumbling one
after another,
until I couldn't write
anymore.
Finished, I tore
the pages into tiny scraps,
threw them into the wind,
padlocked the iron gate
on my stone-cold heart.
12 comments:
I loved this and the thought of writing a letter to get it out of the system. I have got such a lot of letters to write!
staying bitter is a conscious choice. you have taken the reader through that for sure.
Yes, I remember long ago, I have been there. Well done, with some lovely images!
I wonder how many letters were never posted to me...?
Can we tear up the thoughts..or just the words that describe the thoughts..i wish it was the former at times! loved the imagery and determination..
Yes, I like this poem..the honesty and images make me smile.
Padlock, but never lose the key. Such expression cannot be lock away, nor can we be locked from your words. Very well written. Thank you.
Oh yes, I remember those letters, they were the beginning of healing, although I didn't know it at the time,
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/wild-things-of-inspiration/
This has a lovely captivating feeling before it all hardened. Nice, Marianne.
I tumbled through this piece feeling every word, loving your image of stars and powder. The ending is poignant, and sad. Hope can melt those hearts and help them understand their malleability and strength. Love is good.
NAPO IS COMING!
I really like this. It's simple, to the point, but beautiful.
Like it. Like the simplicity and the honesty.
Post a Comment